Current Location:home > Detailed Browse

Article Detail

情绪效价可预测性对时间捆绑效应的影响

Effect of predictability of emotional valence on temporal binding

Submit Time: 2022-05-19
Author: 黄昕杰 1,2 ; 张弛 1 ; 万华根 1 ; 张灵聪 2 ;
Institute: 1.浙江大学心理科学研究中心; 2.闽南师范大学教学科学学院;

Abstracts

时间捆绑效应指的是主观上主动动作和动作结果的时间点相互靠近的现象。其中,时间捆绑效应可分为动作捆绑和结果捆绑,分别对应主动动作和动作结果的时间点变化。本研究通过一个混合设计实验考察了情绪效价可预测性对时间捆绑效应的影响。情绪效价可预测性(可预测、不可预测)为被试内因素,刺激模态(听觉刺激、视觉刺激)为被试间因素。结果发现,情绪效价为可预测时,结果捆绑在主动按键后产生听觉刺激或视觉刺激都出现了增强,而动作捆绑仅在产生视觉刺激时才出现增强。结果表明,情绪效价为可预测时会增强时间捆绑效应,但该作用在动作捆绑和结果捆绑中存在差异。由于时间捆绑效应是反映主动控制感的主要指标,本研究结果对先进驾驶辅助系统的交互设计具有一定的参考意义。

[英文摘要]

The sense of agency refers to the experience of "I am the initiator of actions, controlling the external world". Temporal binding, which is related to the sense of agency, refers to the subjective compression of the perceived time interval between voluntary action and its action outcome. Previous studies have explored the effect of emotional valence on temporal binding by setting the predictability of emotional valence as the control variable. However, the effect of the predictability of emotional valence on temporal binding remains unknown. This study explored the effect of the predictability of emotional valence of action outcomes on temporal binding, based on the hypothesis that temporal binding is stronger when emotional valence is more predictable.

This study used Libet’s clock paradigm to investigate the effect of the predictability of emotional valence of action outcomes on temporal binding. A 2 (predictability of emotional valence, within: predictable vs. unpredictable) × 2 (stimulus modality, between: auditory vs. visual) mixed design was employed. A total of 60 participants were randomly assigned to one of two between-subject conditions, resulting in 30 in the auditory group and 30 in the visual group. There were two main phases of the study. During the baseline phase, the participants in the two groups were asked to either press the key at a freely chosen point from 2,560ms to 5,120ms or perceive the auditory/visual stimulus randomly from 2,560ms to 5,120ms after the trial start. Next, they were asked to estimate the position of the clock hand at the onset of either the key-press or the stimulus. During the operant phase, participants were also asked to press the key at a freely chosen point from 2,560ms to 5,120ms. The key-press would cause the auditory/visual emotional outcome (negative, neutral or positive) following a delay duration of 250ms. Next, they were asked to estimate the position of the clock hand at the onset of either the key-press or the emotional outcome. When the emotional valence was predictable, there would be a fixed emotional outcome to the key-press (negative, neutral or positive) in 80% of trials and the other remaining emotional outcome in 20% of trials. When the emotional valence was unpredictable, the key-press would result in one of the three emotional outcomes.

The results showed that temporal binding was enhanced when the emotional valence was predictable. Furthermore, when emotional valence was predictable, the outcome binding was stronger in both the auditory and visual groups, whereas the action binding was stronger only in the visual group.

In conclusion, the predictability of emotional valence is an important factor affecting temporal binding. The predictability of emotional valence can enhance outcome binding in both auditory and visual modalities, but can only enhance action binding in the visual modality. This may be due to the difference between action and outcome binding mechanisms or between the timing systems of auditory and visual stimuli. These results have an important implication for the interactive design of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) since temporal binding is the main index of the sense of agency.

Download Download Attachment Comment Hits:856 Downloads:406
From: 黄昕杰
DOI:10.12074/202205.00118
Recommended references: 黄昕杰,张弛,万华根,张灵聪.(2022).情绪效价可预测性对时间捆绑效应的影响.[ChinaXiv:202205.00118] (Click&Copy)
Version History
[V1] 2022-05-19 16:59:47 chinaXiv:202205.00118V1 Download
Related Paper

Download

Current Browse

Change Subject Browse

Cross Subject Browse

  • - NO